Monday, March 15, 2010

Song: Free Falling

So about this new song... it's titled "Free Falling" and it was inspired after watching the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy "Push," namely Lexi and her relationship with Mark Sloan.

It was so heart wrenching watching Lexi breakdown over Mark... I actually rewinded and watched the scene a few times.

I've had part of the piano section written for a couple of weeks, but just couldn't find the right tone for the lyrics. That scene was like lightening striking. And the song took off.

I think I've finalized most of the lyrics (need to let it sit and marinate first), and I'm starting to work on the bridge.

I'm so excited about this song, and can't wait to finish it so you guys can hear it!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Amy!

    Hey, congratulations on having a new song racing down the pipeline.

    And thank you very much for checking out my site. I've been pulling a lot of late nights working on it!

    Did you get your music book in the mail this weekend? I just found one that's got me bouncing off the walls. Review coming soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! New songs are always so exciting.

    I got the book a few weeks ago, actually, but haven't gotten around to reading past the first couple of chapters. I'm making my way through it slowly.

    Which book are you reading right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry, I misread the dates on your previous posts!

    I'm reading "Writing Better Lyrics" by Pat Pattison. It's very slow going because the book has so much great information... and it's totally hands-on; it calls for a lot of writing exercises.

    I'm about three chapters in, but honestly I feel like I've already gotten A LOT more than my money's worth just by working through that much.

    Thank you so much for writing back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy :-) Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! My sister and I just had a listen to your songs on your MySpace page. I really like your style and your voice - especially 'Here We Are'.
    I look forward to hearing more from you. I'm keen to read the books that you and Nick have both mentioned. See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that you listened to my music!! You've officially made my day awesome. ^_^

    ReplyDelete